Hitler was a Jew.
Roy Cohn (the chief tormenter of gays and communists in the 1950s McCarthy inquisition) was gay… and maybe a communist.
Several pious priests abuse small boys.
So, whenever you hear somebody take a strong line on a position… you’ve gotta wonder why.
Are they hiding something?
Is it the big lie?
What’s really going on?
OK, that was like the start of a political debate.
Debating experts will recognize my technique as the Texas Longhorn approach — A point here, a point her, with a whole lot of bull in between.
Overall, I HATE political debates.
So, the US Presidential primaries is like my private version of hell.
But I watch them. All of them.
Am I a masochist?
Nah. I’m a marketing student.
And all politicians are selling something — themselves.
So how do they do it?
Just like successful direct‑marketers (Internet marketers are part of that distinguished group).
With these steps.
1. Grab attention with a big claim or shocking headline.
* Muslims are terrorists. Mexicans are criminals and rapists. Check.
2. Tell an emotional story.
* “I helped a coal miner who was wasting away from black lung, and he couldn’t get his health benefits.” Check.
3. Make the complex seem simple… manageable… easily achievable.
* Build a big wall, and make Mexico pay for it. Check.
4. Paint a pleasing picture in the prospect’s mind.
* Make America great again. Check.
5. Call to action.
* Vote for me. Check.
So, a political debate/speech is really just a long video sales letter.
And — if you can stomach all the ugly name‑calling and racial slurs — you can learn a lot from them.
Of course, if you want to learn all those things… and how to make money with those skills… there’s an easier way.
Just GET THIS.